Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Firsts

Remember your first? Not that, or could be but I'm talking about deeper things. This past year has had many firsts for me. My first grandchild, watching him take his first step, hearing him say his first word,  filling out my first job application in over 20 years, my first realization about diabetes, and I'm the first employee of RC fabrications the maker of Truecut CNC plasma tables and the first time I'm truly worried about my future.

I lived a very slap happy, carefree  life for 15 years with not a lot of responsibilities or concerns. I always had that "it'll workout" attitude about life, now with a new grandson in my life and another grandchild on the way I look at things differently and with more concern. Worried I can't give them all they want or need, can't protect them from the dangers that lurk out there. Can I balance my time properly giving the right amount to my business, my new job and my grandchildren so they all flourish?

I painted myself into a corner so to speak by not planning for this time in my life. I tell my friends that I lived my life like a reverse mortgage but a reverse retirement, I played, traveled, had fun and squandered my money so now that I'm close to retirement age I'll have to work the rest of my life.

But if I wake up in the morning I will realize another first, the first day of the rest of my life.

3 comments:

  1. I'm bookmarking your blog thanks to Sonya Mcllough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope you find it interesting & entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would highly recommend Le_ meridian funding services to any person in need financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Le meridian funding service is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email..lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete